It’s a question we get asked often: “Do I really need to use a toner?” The short answer is “Yes, we believe so.” And the long answer is… well, here are 5 reasons to explain why we think toners are an important part of a healthy skin care regimen.
1) You might think that if you clean your face daily and moisturize faithfully, you won’t need a toner. But although toners are not one of the more popular skincare products, they should be, according to beauty experts. Even when you’re using the purest, most natural cleanser, a toner can help to remove any residual traces of cleanser. Toners also tighten the pores and help create an environment for your moisturizer to work more effectively.
2) Although some toners on the market might be harsh and drying, all-natural, alcohol-free products like the Andrelle’s Rose + Lavender Facial Toner from the Winter Yuzen Box are formulated to soothe the skin, not irritate it or dry it out.
3) Many all-natural toners also include gentle ingredients from nature that further enhance its effects. Andrelle’s uses lavender, which has a calming effect on redness and irritation; rosewater, with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties; St. John’s Wort, which protects and soothes even the most sensitive skin; and orange essential oil, which increases the ability of the skin to absorb essential nutrients from your other skincare products.
4) All-natural toners like toners are gentle enough to use every day as part of your cleansing routine, especially for those with oily skin.
5) And lastly, here’s our favorite benefit of toners, although it applies only to toners like Andrelle’s that are in facial mist form. Spritzes of facial mist are a quick and easy pick-me-up any time of the day, especially if you’re feeling hot and tired. It can also be gently wiped on with a cotton pad—just don’t rinse afterwards.
Visit www.andrelles.com to find companion skincare products, like cleansers, moisturizers, facial oils, serums, and masks, all made with the same loving care and all-natural ingredients.