Spa Ritual was founded on the notion that “in our fast-paced and increasingly connected world, it’s easy to lose track of what’s important,” and that only by slowing down are we able to experience our true selves.
The Spa Ritual Cuti-Cocktail® Pen and Pusher in the fall Yuzen box is the perfect example of the company’s philosophy of “slow beauty”—slowing down. returning to simple wellness, and quieting your mind from the noise. In our rush to just make it through our busy days, we often neglect the little things… like the fact that our nails and cuticles need care, too. Spa Ritual’s nourishing, vegan formula is made with aloe extract, evening primrose, grapeseed oil, and aromatic extracts of ginger and fuji apple. It doesn’t contain petrochemicals, parabens, or anything synthetic, so you know it’s healthier for your nails as it penetrates to condition cuticles and promote healthy nail growth.
The next time you can set aside 20-30 minutes for yourself (and we hope it’s soon!), grab your new Cuti-Cocktail Pen, your favorite nail polish (perhaps the one that came in the fall Yuzen box), and a few other supplies, and treat yourself to a luxurious, at-home manicure in just 10 steps:
1. Remove existing nail polish, if you have any. Use a healthier polish remover, like one labeled acetone-free. Wash hands when finished.
2. Clip nails to the desired length, then file (in one direction) to achieve square or rounded tips. If you have a buffer, buff tops and sides of nails lightly.
3. Use your Cuti-Cocktail Pen to soften and condition your cuticles, then use the tip to gently push them back. Never cut cuticles; they’re there to protect your nails from bacteria. (Carry your handy Cuti-Cocktail pen with you for frequent moisturizing on the go.)
4. Exfoliate your hands with a hand scrub. This eliminates dead skin cells that feel rough and dry, and it helps moisturize. Use a nail brush to reach under your nails. Wash and dry hands when finished.
5. Moisturize hands with your favorite hand lotion, and use this time to give yourself a mini hand massage. When finished, rub each nail lightly with nail polish remover again to remove traces of lotion that would interfere with the polish.
6. Apply a clear base coat. This adds much-needed moisture to nails and prevents the polish from chipping. Wait at least two minutes before proceeding to the next step.
7. Carefully apply a coat of polish, making sure to get all the edges. Wait at least two minutes before proceeding to the next step.
8. Apply a second coat of polish. (And a third, if the selected polish color requires it.) Wait at least two minutes before proceeding to the next step.
9. Apply a clear top coat. This further protects your nails and your polish and adds shine.
10. Correct any polish mistakes with polish remover. Use a nail polish remover pen if you have one, or fold a nail polish remover pad into a triangle to achieve a precise point. Let nails dry at least 5-10 more minutes while you sit back, relax, and enjoy your new “slow beauty” ritual.
For Spa Ritual’s other healthy-nail products, visit www.sparitual.com.