Lavender is everywhere—in body lotions, shampoos, candles, home scents, eye pillows, soaps, sachets, even culinary herbal mixes. And it’s not just in all of these products because it’s a beautiful shade of purple, or because it smells good.
The benefits of lavender—some scientifically proven, some suspected—are just as plentiful as the number of products out there:
· It helps wash and purify the skin and hair. (The word “lavender” comes from the Latin “lavare,” which means “to wash.”)
· It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help heal minor bug bites and burns.
· It has calming properties that can help with insomnia, depression, anxiety, PMS, and restlessness.
· It can soothe some digestive issues, like nausea, vomiting, and upset stomach.
· It can help relieve minor pains like headaches, sprains, and toothaches.
· It can repel biting insects.
· It can help prevent hair loss.
Whether you already love lavender or you’re just learning about all its amazing benefits, you’ll be pleased to find two lavender-based products in your summer Yuzen box.
Kneipp’s Balancing Lavender Herbal Bath is a highly concentrated treatment—you need only a few drops to turn your warm bath into a soothing aromatherapy session. Soaking in the all-natural formula calms nervousness, enhances well-being, and balances the emotions. Try it in the evening—you’ll be so calm and balanced, you’ll probably sleep more soundly than ever before. Kneipp also harnesses the power of lavender to make their bath salts, body wash, and massage oil; check it out at www.kneippus.com.
The Lavender Body Spray from Kerstin Florian is a very light mist that can be used every day. The added aloe, jojoba oil, and vitamin E work with the lavender to moisturize, soothe, and calm all skin types, and it smells great, too! If you just can’t get enough lavender, try Kerstin Florian’s clarifying oil, bath and body oil, and eye pillow too: www.kerstinflorian.com.