Aimee Raupp, the founder of the beauty company that bears her name, is a women’s health and fertility expert, an acupuncturist and herbalist, the founder of the Aimee Raupp Wellness & Fertility Center, and the author of three books, including How to Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40s. So, what does all of that mean for her company’s beauty and skincare products?
A lot, actually. Aimee figured out early in her career that there weren’t any truly “fertility friendly” products on the market. She believes that, if you can’t eat it, you shouldn’t put it on your skin, which absorbs everything it comes into contact with. But in trying to help her clients with their fertility issues, she wasn’t able to find any products that didn’t contain harmful chemicals or other ingredients that could affect a woman’s health, hormones, and fertility.
So she decided to create her own, and Aimee Raupp Beauty was born. All of the company’s products, including the “Love” Aromatherapy Stick found in your winter Yuzen box, are organic, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and vegan, with no GMOs, parabens, petroleum, sulfates, or artificial anything. You can use all of Aimee’s products knowing that they will enhance—and never negatively affect—your health and wellbeing. Find the entire product line at www.aimeerauppbeauty.com.
And, whether you’re trying to get pregnant or not, here are some other ways you can reduce the number of harmful chemicals in and around your home:
· If possible, get rid of nonstick cookware and use cast iron, stainless steel, or glass instead. If you keep the nonstick stuff, try not to overheat it, as that’s when the chemicals are released.
· Never microwave food in plastic containers. Use glass containers for storage and reheating.
· Buy organic fruits and veggies whenever possible. See the Environmental Working Group’s list of the “Dirty Dozen” here.
· Don’t use air fresheners; most contain harmful chemicals that you end up breathing in.
· Switch to toothpaste that doesn’t contain triclosan. Many experts also advise using fluoride-free paste.
· Kick the habit of using antibacterial soaps.
· For cleaning, instead of buying formulas with toxic ingredients, try this mixture: 1Ž2 gallon water, 1Ž2 cup vinegar, 1Ž4 cup baking soda.
· Try to avoid pesticides and insecticides in the garden; organic gardening is healthiest.