If reading the ingredients list on all-natural health and beauty products makes you feel as though you’re reading the menu at your favorite restaurant, that’s a good thing. The reasons certain foods are good for your body are the same reason they’re good for your skin—their benefits have been proven over and over again. Take the two Red Flower products in your fall Yuzen box, the Lymphatic Phytopower Sea Cleanser and Mask, and the Artic Berry Cloud Milk Cream. Here are some of the food-based ingredients in each, and the reasons they’re included:
- Maitake, Chaga, and Reishi Mushroom: Certain species of mushrooms have been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years because of all the essential nutrients they contain. In skin preparations, mushrooms help boost the immune system and regenerate damaged skin. (Cleanser)
- Lemon Oil, Pink Grapefruit Oil, and Tangerine Oil: Citrus fruits are well known for their purifying and antibacterial qualities. They also brighten skin and combat blemishes, and fruit-based scents are uplifting. (Cleanser)
- Honey: The natural antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of honey help protect the skin, keep it hydrated, and impart a smooth glow. (Cream)
- Coconut Oil: This soothing oil is easily absorbed, keeps skin moisturized, andcontains healthy nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K, and iron. (Cream)
- Strawberry Seed Oil: This oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 acids, which help it repair the skins’ natural moisture barrier. It also has antibacterial properties. (Cream)
- Vegetable-Derived Emulsifiers: Extracted from veggies, just like the ones you eat on your salad, they keep ingredients from separating so that the product remains smooth and spreadable. (Both)
To find out more about Red Flower and browse the rest of the product line, visit www.redflower.com.