Copper is kind of a miracle metal. We’re surrounded by it in our everyday lives—it’s in our pipes, on our pennies, and on the bottom of our saucepans. Here are a few fun facts:
- Copper has been around for ages and ages; a copper pendant was found in Iraq that dates all the way back to 8000 BC.
- In 2014, the US was the world’s fourth-largest copper producer (after Chile, China, and Peru), with 1.37 million metric tons worth $9.7 billion from 27 mines in mainly Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Nevada, and Montana.
- Copper is remarkably durable; the copper pieces on the Statue of Liberty were the only ones that didn’t need to be refurbished or completely replaced during the renovation to celebrate its centennial in 1986.
- In the healthcare industry, copper is often used in therapeutic compression sleeves for use on knees, ankles, and wrists, because manufacturers believe the copper helps reduce inflammation.
- The copper in certain foods—like beef liver, sunflower seeds, lentils, almonds, andasparagus—helps form hemoglobin and collagen in the body and also eliminates free radicals, which damage our cells.
And now, copper is being heralded as a “wonder ingredient” for its use in skincare products. Cosmetic dermatologists and other experts explain that it offers anti-aging, antibacterial properties. It also boosts essential collagen and elastin, which are necessary to keep skin smooth and supple.
The folks at Purity of Elements know all about the powers of copper; it’s a key ingredient in their Copper 5 Complex, a blend of copper salt, vitamin E, and extracts of white tea leaf, green tea extract, and grape seed. The Radiance Face Serum in your summer Yuzen box is made with Copper 5 Complex, and with regular use, you should see visible changes in your skin’s radiance, luminosity, elasticity, and texture. The tea extracts are loaded with antioxidants, which help protect skin from environmental damage.
In a company-sponsored community study involving users of Purity of Elements products containing Copper 5 Complex, 88% percent of users reported a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles after 28 days of continuous use, 97% percent said they had increased skin firmness, 99% reported more radiant skin, and a whopping 100% said their skin had a smoother texture.
Visit www.purityofelements.com to find out more about Copper 5 Complex and to see the other skincare products that use it, including Daily Detox Exfoliating Cleanser and Age-Defying Moisturizer.